Topic: Nattodesu: Origin | The First Necromancer

Directory Link

Nattodesu: Origin | The First Necromancer

Youtube

In a prequel to the Nattodesu series, The First Necromancer takes us to Yomi Island during the Edo period to find a father struggling to control his increasingly psychotic child…

Before Risa Shohisuru. Before the Nattodesu. There was Kigen. The First Necromancer.

DISCLAIMER:
There have been people on this site who have taken issue with the kind of content I feature in my Brickfilms, mainly graphic violence and mild - strong language. When I say the violence in this film is bloody and graphic, I mean it, so watch it at your own risk and do not start any reply chains trying to convert me to the "Lego is a kids toy, so only PG content should be featured in Brickfilms" philosophy. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy.

Re: Nattodesu: Origin | The First Necromancer

So glad I could have been part of of something from the Dessuverse. Your animation and effects are great, it had a good solid story, and considering the subject matter (necromancy) and the way you've set up the world of Nattodesu in previous episodes, I felt the content was justified. Brickfilming's a medium, not a genre, and the bloodier elements didn't feel out of place in the world you'd created at all.

The Japanese myth elements and the way you've integrated them are great for world-building, too.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

You're animation has greatly improved, and you're doing a good job building out this universe. I'm confused about Kigen, though. Son? Distinctly female torso? I'm not sure if your trying to do something clever there, or it's just a really poor choice in minifig parts. That's really my only complaint with the film, otherwise great work.

backyardlegos wrote:

You're animation has greatly improved, and you're doing a good job building out this universe. I'm confused about Kigen, though. Son? Distinctly female torso? I'm not sure if your trying to do something clever there, or it's just a really poor choice in minifig parts. That's really my only complaint with the film, otherwise great work.

Nothing clever, just that torso is the only one I own that even remotely resembles what I saw in my head when I wrote the character. Although, if we want to pretend that I did something clever (as I so often do), we can take the moment when his voice actress says the wrong gender pronoun and refers to herself as a she (when she is playing a male) as some kind of gender confusion thing.

Thanks for your comment on my animation, personally I'm still not happy with it, but I'm glad to see that I'm going in the right direction. mini/smile

This was very entertaining. The animation and effects were done quite well, and I enjoyed the story you presented so far.

Also like someone else said before, I too noticed the female torso which kinda confused me as to what his gender actually was. Oh and I must say the voice acting was good as well.

Hope to see more from you soon! mini/bigsmile

I loved this. You have managed to create your own world with original characters with back stories and distinct personalities. Your writing has gotten better with time, as well as your animation and visual effects. Your actors were well casted, as they deliver believable performances, and breath life into these characters. I highly encourage you to continue making more in your Nattodesu series. Excellent.